Due to the epidemic caused by coronavirus disease SARS-CoV-2, the World Health Organization has declared a state of public health threat at a global level. Pursuant to the Rector’s Order of 26 February 2020 all travels of SGH employees and students to countries listed in the announcement by the Polish Chief Sanitary Inspectorate (GIS) are suspended until further notice. We also recommend cancelling private trips.
Furthermore, according to the Rector’s Order, it is highly recommended that the participants of various forms of study who visited the countries listed below during the winter break of the 2019/2020 academic year or later remain at their place of residence for the period of 14 days following their return. The absences in class in this period will be excused based on submitted travel documentation.
The countries listed by GIS to which travelling is not recommended (as of 7 March 2020) are as follows: China, South Korea, Italy, Iran, France, Germany and Japan.
As prevention measures, please remember:
- to wash your hands often,
- to use hand sanitisers – dispensers are available in every SGH building,
- to refrain from touching your eyes, mouth and nose,
- to cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing,
- to wear a protective mask when experiencing symptoms of a cold and limit travelling while ill as much as possible,
- to avoid contact with persons suffering from illness,
- that you have the possibility of consulting with a doctor or nurse at the SGH Medical Point, located on the ground floor of the Main Building.
Furthermore, persons suffering from a cold may receive a protective mask at the concierge desk of every SGH building.
Marcin Dąbrowski, Ph.D.